Good news folks! I extended the giveaway. That means you have more time to enter to win and that means I get to share another fresh, healthy, slow cooker pork recipe with you. I’m really digging pork these days. Having already recently cooked lean ground pork and pork chops, I thought a tenderloin would be a nice change. Boy was I right.
It’s so pretty going in, isn’t it?? When I thought about cooking the pork tenderloin I knew I wanted to use my slow cooker. Which means the food was going to cook for hours in the sauce. The point is, the sauce needed to be just right. I decided to go with sweet and tangy. The sauce recipe works for a 3-4 lb tenderloin. Anything bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the measurements accordingly. And as always, taste the sauce while you’re making it! All because I think it’s perfect doesn’t mean you will. If you think it needs to be sweeter, add more honey. Needs a little more tang? Add more vinegar.
As with most slow cooker meals, it’s much prettier going in than coming out. I saved some pomegranate seeds to add to the finished product. It’s purely for garnish. The pomegranates lose their color when they cook for so long. The asparagus does as well. It’s just the color we’re talking here, the taste is the same. If you care about presentation then I would suggest adding the asparagus when there is about 1 hour left to cook. This way, it will retain more of it vibrant green color like in this pic below. You might also want to save some pomegranate seeds for garnish like I did as well.
Now the best part in my mind – the leftovers. FYI, leftovers in general I consider ‘the best part’. I love leftovers. I digress. We’re a household of two. A 3 lb pork tenderloin goes a long way here. Yes, I could have shared this with friends but…I wanted leftovers. Today’s breakfast was magnificent to say the least. Below is my ‘leftover pork tenderloin cobb breakfast thing’. There really isn’t a recipe for this. I chopped up about 1/4 lb of the leftover tenderloin, 1 roma tomato, 2 scrambled eggs, and 1 avocado. All organic. Talk about starting my day off right, huh?
ENTER TO WIN:
– Tag two LA friends in the comments on the IG pic + follow @farmerjohnLA
– Post a fresh pork pic and tag #KeepitFresh2016 #FarmerJohnLA + follow @farmerjohnla OR enter your pic online at http://www.farmerjohn.com/
WHAT COULD YOU WIN??
- $100 in FARMER JOHN® Pork products. Just think, $100 to spend on tenderloin, chops, etc.
- One-Month Membership to LA’s favorite fitness studios!
- Keep It Fresh 2016 shopping bag. Designed to keep your veggies and pork fresh.
- 3 pounds of FARMER JOHN® Pork Tenderloin
- 2.5 ounces pomegranate seeds
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Fresh rosemary springs (optional)
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Add onions & asparagus to bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut 1-inch slit in pork tenderloin.
- Pour half of sauce on top of slow cooker and vegetables, making sure to get some in the slits.
- Add pomegranate seeds to slits and all around the pork.
- Pour remaining sauce on top. If you poured all the sauce in already, don't worry, it doesn't really matter.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-5.
This is a sponsored post written by me in partnership with FARMER JOHN®. All opinions are 100% mine. For more about my disclosure policy see here: http://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.