- 1 pound shrimp, shells-on
- 4 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour/starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Clean and devein the shrimp. Pat the shrimp dry as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the arrowroot flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss gently. Make sure each shrimp is evenly coated in the flour mixture.
- Line the air fryer with liners. Add shrimp to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Do not stack shrimp. You may need to cook this in batches depending on how large your air fryer is. Spray the shrimp lightly with cooking spray.
- Set air fryer temperature to 350 degrees. Cook 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. When you flip the shrimp, spray the other side lightly with cooking spray.
- Add ghee to a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Once melted, add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes until the garlic starts to turn a light brown color. Turn off & remove from the heat so you don’t burn the garlic .
- Use tongs to remove shrimp from the air fryer. Pour garlic butter mixture evenly across all the shrimp.