Bananas and your favorite berry combo are added to oatmeal in this easy and healthy breakfast recipe that’s done in under an hour.
I’m categorizing this as breakfast because that’s when I eat it. But depending on how you make this, it could be a dessert as well. I’ll explain. This recipes calls for honey, chocolate chips and a ripe banana. Depending on how much you use of those ingredients, it could be sweet enough to serve for dessert. Feel free to add more chocolate or honey. Or omit the ripe banana to make it not so sweet. That’s the great thing about cooking – you can add your own little tweaks here & there. Cooking not baking mind you. Baking is rather precise. I digress. Back to the recipe….
My dry ingredients: I had blueberries & strawberries so I used those.
My wet ingredients. I use almond milk. I’m lactose-intolerant so I’ve been dairy free for almost a decade now. The point is, you can use whatever kind of milk you prefer for this. Don’t forget to move the pan around to make sure all the dry ingredients get wet.
Unfortunately I didn’t get the best pic for the finished product. I’ll replace it later with a better one but I’m posting it anyway because I want you to see the inside. I used a little more chocolate than I intended to so it was a little on the sweet side.
If you’re doing to serve this for a dessert, I suggest you warm it up first. If it’s your cheat meal, go ahead and add scoop of ice cream on top. Soy cream if you’re like me.Print
Banana-Berry Oatmeal Bake
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup berries
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Spray the inside of a 11×9 baking dish generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients EXCEPT sliced banana. The honey might clump up at first. Just keep whisking.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the baking dish.
- Pour wet ingredients all round the dry ones. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure all of the dry mixture is completely wet. Add sliced banana on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. You’ll know when it’s done when you insert a knife and it comes out clean.