- 1 head cauliflower (approx pounds), trimmed & cut into florets
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in a medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, stir in the remaining ‘GRITS’ ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook 5-7 minutes or until the ‘grits’ are soft.
- Remove from the heat. If using cheese, stir it in now. Cover and keep warm.
- Season shrimp with 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning.
- Melt 2 tablespoons ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through.
- Remove from the heat.
- To serve, scoop grits into a bowl and top with shrimp.