Pasta salads are a quick dish to whip up & they’re perfect for potlucks and picnics. Add in grilled salmon for an easy summer meal.
Summertime more than ever, I’m all about easy cooking. Hence why I tend to slow cooker even more during the summer months. I probably whip up pasta salad once a week. Mainly because it’s easy. Yes, I eat pasta. Not a lot, I’ve never been a big pasta fan but there’s something about a good, chilled pasta salad I can’t pass up.
Use the ingredients I listed as a guide. Omit what you don’t like and load this up with your favorite veggies! Summer squash or zucchini is a great addition. When I say this is a super easy recipe, I mean it. Boiling the water takes longer than anything else. Green pasta?!? Yes! That’s spinach pasta from my Milk & Eggs delivery. Use whatever pasta you prefer just be sure to cook it according to the instructions on the box.
The dressing is my standard homemade vinaigrette. I don’t just use it for my pasta salads but also as a salad dressing and a marinade for meat. I usually use 2-3 tbsp of the dressing. Try using a little and see if you want to add more. I pan-grilled my Sizzlefish sockeye salmon but you can cook your salmon your preferred way. Personally I like to cook all of my fish how I like my meat…well done. But of course cook yours to your liking.Print
Grilled Salmon Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces pasta
- 8 ounces mozzarella balls
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounces olives
- 5 ounces artichokes
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 2 lbs Sizzlefish sockeye salmon
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 1/4 garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package. Strain and run cold water over the pasta.
- Mix together salmon spices in a small bowl.
- Rub 1 tsp evoo all over salmon pieces.
- Rub spice mix onto salmon.
- Add 1 tbsp evoo to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add salmon and pan-grill a few minutes each side or until salmon is done to your liking. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons (or as much as you like) into the pasta salad and toss gently until all ingredients are wet.
- Add cooked salmon on top.
Break up the salmon or leave it whole?
For local residents of LA or Orange County, use this code FSCQ for $15 off any order of $35 or more from Milk and Eggs. Valid for new & existing users.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.