One-pan meals are great for when you want to eat healthy but don’t have a lot of time on your hands. This easy meal is done in less than 30 minutes.
You can eat all the pieces of this dish separately. Meaning, there are actually 3 recipes here but they can be combined into a one-pan meal. Overall this blog post is about some of my favorite cooking food, ingredients and spices at the moment: Sizzlefish, The Spice Cave, Caribeque, Omghee, and Melissa’s Produce. We’ll start with the fish. I used haddock from Sizzlefish. I haven’t cooked much with haddock but it’s very similar to cod. So if you can’t find haddock just use cod in its place. You can also use salmon. For the vegetables, I encourage you to use the veggies you like. If you don’t care for asparagus then use green beans or broccoli instead. If you don’t like sweet potatoes then you use Idaho potatoes (the meal will no longer be paleo though).
I guess this is a lazy meal in the sense that I didn’t make any of my own spice rub combinations. There are a lot of really good seasonings on the market right now, The Spice Cave being one of them. I used their FIRE seasoning on the sweet potato fries. The fries in particular were a hit in my household but the fire seasoning from The Spice Cave is just that…fire. Holy cow it is spicy! I mean that in a good way. Even though I combined it with their MOJO seasoning it still brought the heat. If you have the fire seasoning you have officially been warned.
- ½ lb Haddock from Sizzlefish seasoned with The Spice Cave's SEA seasoning.
- ½ lb sweet potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp evoo + 1 tsp
- 1 tsp The Spice Cave's MOJO
- ½ tsp The Spice Cave's FIRE
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tsp Caribeque's lemon garlic
- 1 tsp ghee
- ½ lb baby beets, quartered from
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400.
- In medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp evoo, Mojo and Fire. until coated.
- In medium bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tbsp evoo and lemon garlic seasoning until coated. Add dollops of ghee on top before baking.
- In small bowl, toss beets with 1 tsp evoo and salt.
- Line pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake sweet potatoes & beets 25-30 min or until tender.
- Add fish and asparagus to the pan and bake an additional 20-25 min.
- Serve immediately.