Sheet pan recipe are an easy way to make a complete meal in less than 30 minutes. This generic sheet pan recipe uses protein, starch & vegetables.
Great midweek meal. That’s how I describe this whole 30 and paleo recipe. I’m keeping it generic on purpose. This is a recipe you can tailor to your liking. Extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar and seasoning. For the seasoning I used The Spice Cave’s SEA seasoning. It’s a peppery citrus blend that is whole 30 approved.
The basics remain the same – chicken, vegetables and potatoes. Let’s break down each section. Starting with the chicken. You can use chicken tenders or breasts. If you swap to dark meat then you will need to increase the cooking time by 20 minutes or so. Potato or sweet potato? That’s up to you. I used yellow potatoes this time but I usually use white sweet potatoes. You can even use diced butternut squash or pumpkin. And finally for the vegetables, the sky is the limit. Brussel sprouts, green beans, onion, bell peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, zucchini…you see where I’m going here? So many options because you can use whatever vegetables you like!
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1½ lbs vegetables
- 1 lb potatoes or sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large zip lock or large bowl add the potatoes, vegetables, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp vinegar and 2 tsp of seasoning.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are covered then spread in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile add chicken to bag or bowl with remaining oil, seasoning & vinegar.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the chicken to the pan and cook an additional 10-15 min or until done.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/affiliates