- 16 ounces bangers aka sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil (for pressure cooker)
- 2 cups low-sodium beef or bone broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Slurry: 2 tbsp Arrowroot flour, 1/4 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, approx 2 lbs or approx 20 ounces frozen
- 1–2 tbsp ghee or butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: Heat your preferred oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and brown each side, approx 3-5 min. An additional step is to add onions to the skillet once the sausages are done to brown them as well.
- Add sausages and onion to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the gravy ingredients EXCEPT the slurry ingredients of arrowroot flour and water. Pour gravy into the slow cooker. Stir gently.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- In a small bowl mix together slurry. Pour slurry into the slow cooker and stir. Cook an additional 5–10 minutes on HIGH or until gravy has thickened to your liking.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat oil.
- Add sausage and brown on each side, 3-5 minutes. Remove sausage from IP. You might have to brown them in batches.
- Add onion and saute a few minutes until soft.
- Add the beef broth, and using a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to remove any bits that stuck to it. Make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking.
- Stir in thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and pepper. Add sausages back into the pressure cooker.
- Close and seal vent. Select manual setting and set time for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure when cook time is completed. Add trivet and cauliflower in steamer. Can additional 3 minutes on high pressure, quick release pressure when done. **If you’re not cooking the cauliflower in the pressure cooker, set the time for 8 minutes on high pressure & quick release.**
- Remove sausages and cauliflower from pressure cooker. In a small bowl mix together slurry. Pour slurry into the pressure cooker and stir. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes on SAUTE or until gravy has thickened to your liking.
- Cook cauliflower using your preferred method.
- Blend cauliflower, ghee, salt and pepper until smooth.
Serve sausages on top of mashed cauliflower.
Nutritional values will depending on which sausage you use.