- 16 ounces bangers aka sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Slurry: 3 tbsp Arrowroot flour, 6 tbsp water
- 1 head cauliflower, approx 2 lbs or approx 20 ounces frozen
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat your preferred oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and brown each side, approx 3-5 min. Optional step is to add onions to the skillet once the sausages are done to brown them as well.
- Add sausages and onion to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the gravy ingredients EXCEPT the slurry ingredients of arrowroot flour and water. Pour gravy into the slow cooker. Stir gently.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- In a small bowl mix together slurry. Pour slurry into the slow cooker and stir. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes on HIGH or until gravy has thickened to your liking.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat oil.
- Add sausage and brown on each side, 3-5 minutes. Remove sausage from IP. You might have to brown them in batches.
- Add onion and saute a few minutes until soft.
- Add the beef broth, and using a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to remove any bits that stuck to it. Make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking. Stir in thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Close and seal vent. Select manual setting and set time for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure when cook time is completed. Add trivet and cauliflower in steamer. Can additional 3 minutes on high pressure, quick release pressure when done. **If you’re not cooking the cauliflower in the pressure cooker, set the time for 8 minutes on high pressure & quick release.**
- Remove sausages and cauliflower from pressure cooker. In a small bowl mix together slurry. Pour slurry into the pressure cooker and stir. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes on SAUTE or until gravy has thickened to your liking.
- Cook cauliflower using your preferred method.
- Blend cauliflower, ghee, salt and pepper until smooth.
Serve sausages on top of mashed cauliflower.
Nutritional values will depending on which sausage you use.