- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tsp 4th & Heart grass-fed ghee
- 2 cups Kettle & Fire Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Italian Seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Slurry: 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch/Flour, 6 tbsp water (or more)
- Add beef and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the gravy ingredients.
- Pour gravy and ghee into the slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hour or LOW 6-8.
- In a small bowl mix together slurry. Pour slurry into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook an additional 10-15 minutes on HIGH or until gravy has thickened to your liking.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select Sauté. Once hot add ghee to the pot.
- Once ghee is melted, add the beef and sear until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove beef from and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for a 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the bone broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Add the beef back to the pot along with all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the arrowroot slurry. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 9 minutes.
- Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then manually the remaining pressure.
- In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot slurry. Pour slurry into the Instant Pot and stir to mix well. Turn Instant Pot to WARM setting until gravy has thickened to your liking.