- 3–4 lbs beef brisket
- 1–2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 28 ounces crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Optional step: add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season brisket with garlic salt. Add seasoned brisket to heated skillet and pan-sear a few minutes on each side.
- Lay brisket in the slow cooker. If you didn’t sear the meat, then season it with the garlic salt now.
- In a medium size, bowl mix together sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce on top and under the brisket.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 8-10.