This easy Caribbean curry chicken is a simple recipe but packed with flavor. Low-carb, paleo, and whole30, this slow cooker meal is healthy too.
Another cookbook recipe! This easy curry chicken recipe is another one from my next cookbook, The Healthy Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. It’s another trifecta recipe meaning it’s not just low-carb but also paleo and whole30.
I thought I had 3 lbs of chicken thighs but I only had 1.5 lbs so I cut this recipe in half and used my 3.5-quart slow cooker. I didn’t make any adjustments other than cutting the recipe in half.
I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. You can use your preferred cut of chicken whether it be bone-in, boneless, skin-on, skinless, thighs, legs, or even breasts. If you use breasts then reduce the cook time by a few hours; white meat cooks fast in the slow cooker so it’s very easy to overcook it. Even though I’m listing 1 tsp of salt, I usually use less.
I know 1/2 cup of coconut milk might not seem like enough liquid but trust me it is.
The Healthy Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook includes:
- Low and slow cooking 101 that offers guidance for making a low-carb diet easy, with recommendations for pantry staples and a sample meal plan.
- 100 low-carb recipes for delicious and satisfying meals that contain no more than 20 grams of carbs per serving.
- Quick prep with a max prep time of 15 minutes for no-fuss everyday meals.
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3–4 hour or LOW 6-8.
I like to serve this over riced or mashed cauliflower. If you’re not following a particular diet, you can serve this over white or brown rice.
Make this recipe keto-friendly but using heavy whipping cream instead of coconut milk and add a tablespoon of ghee or butter.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/