- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper or your favorite Caribbean pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk for slow cooker, 1 cup for pressure cooker
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3–4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add onion and pepper and cook a few minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook a few minutes more.
- Turn off pressure cooker and add curry powder, salt, allspice, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Pour in coconut milk. Deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Stir to mix well.
- Add chicken and stir until completely covered.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure, 9 minutes. Quick release pressure.