- 2 lbs chicken cut of your choice
- 15 ounces artichokes
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 /4 cup for slow cooker, 1/2 cup for electric pressure cooker low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp za’atar (optional)
- Add the sliced onion to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Pour sauce in to the slow cooker, wetting all the ingredients. Top with lemon slices.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or LOW 6-8.
- Add artichokes. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. Once hot, add the oil and chicken and sear, few minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from the pressure cooker.
- Add onions (and more oil if needed) and cook 3-5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce into the pressure cooker and deglaze the bottom by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Add chicken back into the Instant Pot. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 10 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Add artichokes. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 3 minutes. Quick release pressure.