- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 large eggs
- 28 ounces diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Handful fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and thyme to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Prepare the mushrooms by wiping them clean with a damp paper towel, removing the stems & gills. Add the mushrooms, hollow side UP. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6 or until mushrooms are soft.
- Crack egg(s) into each mushroom cap. Season with salt & pepper. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes on HIGH or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Top with fresh herbs if using.