- 2–3 lbs chicken
- 2 lbs white onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ghee, melted
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add half of the onions to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add chicken on top of onions. Add remaining onions on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Cook HIGH 2-4 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. Once hot, add the oil and chicken and sear, few minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from the pressure cooker.
- Add onions (and more oil if needed) and cook 3-5 minutes until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce into the pressure cooker and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Add chicken back into the Instant Pot. Mix in the onions so they’re evenly distributed.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 10 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.