- 1 1/4 pounds bacon, chopped
- 1 avocado, skin removed and pitted
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon & cook, stirring frequently, 7-10 minutes or until bacon is crisp to your liking. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Mash the avocado flesh with a fork until smooth to your liking. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and milk. Stir in 1 lb of the cooked bacon (reserving the remaining 1/4 pound for garnish), mashed avocado, onion, and bell pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Spray the slow cooker generously with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hour or LOW 6-8.
- If using cheese, add it now. Garnish with remaining cooked bacon.
Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the bacon and cook 7-10 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp to your liking. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the pot and cook 3-5 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Turn off the pressure cooker.
- Mash the avocado flesh with a fork until smooth to your liking. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in the cooked bacon (reserving 1/4 for garnish) and mashed avocado.
Generously spray a 7-inch oven-safe pan with cooking spray. Pour in the egg mixture.
Place a trivet into your Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water. Place oven-safe pan into the Instant Pot.
- Close and seal vent. Select manual setting and cook 25 minutes. When done, natural release pressure 10 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
*You will need to cut the recipe in half if you’re using the Instant Pot