Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Balsamic Cranberry Chicken (Low-Carb,Paleo,Whole30)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- 1 – 1.5 lbs chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2-3 tsp oil (for IP)
- small spring of rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth (1 cup for IP)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Add onion to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Top with fresh cranberries.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours, LOW 6-8.
- Turn the Instant Pot saute and oil. Once hot, add the chicken and sear a few minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and cook a few minutes until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Be sure to use 1 full cup of broth. Pour sauce into the Instant Pot, scraping off any browned bits from the bottom. Add chicken back to the IP. Top with fresh cranberries.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 12 minutes.
- Natural release 5 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.