- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker EXCEPT the slurry thickening agent. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours, LOW 4-6.
For soft cashews, add them at the beginning of cook time with the rest of the ingredients. For crunchy cashews, stir them into the slow cooker once cook time has completed and the slurry has thickened the sauce.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat oil. When hot, add chicken and cook until browned, a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour into the IP and stir to mix well. Close and seal vent.
- Select manual setting and set time for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure when cook time is completed.
- In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot slurry. Pour slurry into the Instant Pot and stir to mix well. Turn Instant Pot to WARM setting until gravy has thickened to your liking.
For soft cashews, add them to the Instant Pot when you pour in the sauce. For crunchy cashews, stir them into the Instant Pot once cook time has completed and the slurry has thickened the sauce.