- 3–5 pound whole duck
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium-size carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh herbs
- 2 teaspoons oil of your choice
- 1 cup water (for Instant Pot only)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
Prepare The Duck:
- If your duck came with a bag of giblets inside the cavity, remove it.
- Rinse & pat the duck dry. Using a knife or fork, pierce the skin of the duck (so the fat will ooze out as it cooks).
- Drizzle the oil evenly all over the duck. Stuff the cavity of the duck with the celery, carrots, onion, and fresh sprigs of herbs.
- In a small bow, mix the rub spices. Season the duck all over with the rub seasonings.
- Proceed to slow cooker or pressure cooker steps.
- Add the seasoned duck to slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Remove duck from slow cooker and let it rest for an additional 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place the trivet in pressure cooker. Add 1 cup water.
- Place seasoned duck on the trivet.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 12 minutes per pound of duck if cut into pieces or 15 minutes per pound if cooking a whole duck. Natural release 15 minutes, quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove duck from pressure cooker and let it rest for an additional 10 minutes before slicing.
Crisp The Skin
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Carefully remove the turkey from the appliance and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet the oven & broil for 3-5 minutes or until the skin is crisp to your liking.