- 2 pounds beef shanks
- 2 cups low-sodium beef bone broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried herb
- 2 teaspoons salt (or more)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (for IP)
- Season beef shanks with dried herbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder. Add to the slow cooker. Pour broth & garlic on top.
- Cook high 4-5 hours or low 8-10.
- Season beef shanks with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic powder & onion powder.
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the beef and sear until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. You might have to do this in batches. Remove the beef from the pressure cooker and set aside.
- Add the garlic and broth and de-glaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Add the beef shanks back into the pressure cooker.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 35 minutes. Natural release pressure for 15 minutes then manually the remaining pressure.