- 48 ounces greens
- 2 ham hocks (approximately one pound total)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil (for pressure cooker)
- Wash greens & remove stems. Add greens to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt, sugar or sweetener (if using). Pour apple cider vinegar and broth on top.
- Rinse off ham hocks. Add ham hocks on top of greens.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the onion and cook 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic & cook an additional minute.
- Add the broth to the pressure cooker and using a wooden spoon scrape well the bottom to remove any bits that stuck to it, make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking.
- Stir in greens. Add apple cider vinegar, salt, and sugar/sweetener if using. Add ham hocks.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 30 minutes. Natural release pressure for 10 minutes then manually the remaining pressure. Remove ham hock, shred meat, and place meat back in the pressure cooker.