- 1 1/2 cups grits
3 cups milk of your choice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Spray slow cooker generously with cooking spray. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2–4 or LOW 4-6.
- Stir before serving.
Electric Pressure Cooker
- Spray the pressure cooker generously with cooking spray. Stir in grits, milk, water, salt, pepper, and butter.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 10 minutes, When done cooking, natural release 15 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Stir in cheese.
grits will thicken as they cool