- 1 lb pound chicken
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1 tbsp homemade ranch dressing mix (see blog post)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced (for garnish)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, optional (for garnish)
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add chicken and cook until no longer pink, approximately 3-5 minutes. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add hot sauce, cream cheese, ghee, and homemade ranch seasoning. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours or LOW 2-4.
- Add cheddar cheese on top. Cook an additional 15-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir & serve.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil and chicken & cook until the chicken is no longer pink. If you’re using ground chicken, crumble it as it cooks.
- Add hot sauce, cream cheese, ghee, and homemade ranch seasoning. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 15 minutes. Quick release pressure. If using chicken breast or thighs, remove the chicken & shred it. Add it back to the pot.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and cook on WARM until melted.
Cook time based on slow cooker.