- 1 lb lean ground beef or sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 32 ounces low-sodium beef broth or bone broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 ounces pepperoni
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
Optional step the brown ground beef & drain the grease before adding to the slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours, LOW 6-8.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting.
- Heat oil; add beef & onion and cook until beef browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain excess fat if needed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Select manual setting. Adjust pressure to high, and set time for 20 minutes, quick-release pressure.