- 8 ounces FARMER JOHN® breakfast sausage links
- 8 eggs
- 2–4 tbsp fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 ounces, cheese
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups water (for IP)
- In a small skillet, saute sausage in oil over medium heat until browned and no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Spray slow cooker generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, sausage, spinach, cheese, bell pepper, onion, tomato, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6. Cool slightly before removing.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add sausage, onion, and bell pepper and cook a few minutes until sausage is browned and vegetables are soft. Turn off IP and remove the food. Drain any grease from the IP. Pour water into the base of the IP.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, sausage, onion, bell pepper, spinach, cheese, tomato, milk, salt, and pepper. Spray baking dish generously with cooking spray and pour in egg mixture. Cover with foil and place on the trivet in the IP.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 25 minutes. Natural release the pressure for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Using oven mitts, remove baking dish. Cool slightly before serving.
For Instant Pot you will need:
- Trivet with handles (most new IP’s come with one)
- 1.5 to 2 quart round oven-baking dish (or one that will fit your IP)
*nutritional facts use feta cheese, almond milk, and extra-virgin olive oil
* cook time is based on slow cooker