- 4 large (approx 2.5 lbs) potatoes, peeled & sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 large (approx 3 lbs) tomatoes & sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 lb ground meat
- 1 small onion, diced or 2 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon mint
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together kofta ingredients. Form kofta into even size patties using approx 1/4 cup of mixture per patty.
- Arrange kofta patties, potatoes, and tomatoes in the slow cooker, alternating each one.
- In a small bowl mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of the food in the slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
Baking instructions are included in the blog post.