- 4 large (approx 2.5 lbs) potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 large (approx 3 lbs) tomatoes & sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 lb ground meat
- 1 small onion, diced or 2 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper]
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp mint
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together kofta ingredients. Form kofta into even size patties using approx 2-3 tbsp per patty.
- Arrange kofta patties, potatoes, and tomatoes in the slow cooker, alternating each one. Or arrange it however it fits. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Spread tomato paste on top.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours, LOW 6-8.