- 3–4 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (for pressure cooker)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Add short ribs to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce on top of the short ribs
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Garnish with sesame seeds & green onions.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to the pot. Add the short ribs and sear on all sides, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pressure cooker. Stir to mix well. If needed, deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Add the short ribs back into the pressure cooker.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set manual (high) pressure to 40. When done cooking, quick release the pressure.