- 2–3 pounds chicken (see blog post)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil (for pressure cooker)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (approximately 4 medium or 3 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water (add an additional 2 tbsp water for pressure cooker)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or 1 teaspoon salt & 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Add chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce over chicken. Top chicken with lemon slices.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Once hot, add oil and chicken and brown chicken, skin-side down approx 3-5 minutes. Remove chicken & turn off the heat. If you’re using skinless chicken, skip this step.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Add the sauce to the pressure cooker & deglaze the bottom by of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off off with a wooden spoon.
- Add chicken. Top with lemon slices.
- Close lid and seal vent. Select high pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release pressure when done.