- 4–6 bell peppers (depending on their size)
- 4–6 slices of the cheese of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup water (for Instant Pot)
- 1 pound ground meat
- 2 cups cauliflower, riced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (see blog post)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
Prepare Stuffed Peppers:
- Slice the top off of each bell pepper. Hollow out the bell pepper by removing all the seeds and membranes.
- In a large bowl, mix together stuffing ingredients. Spoon the filling equally into each bell pepper until they’re all full. Pack all the filling in there tightly. It’s okay if it’s overflowing at the top.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker (you’ll need a 6-quart) with nonstick spray.
- Add the prepared bell peppers into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4, LOW 6-8 hours or until the meat is cooked through.
- If using cheese, add a slice of cheese on top of each bell pepper. Cover and cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted all the way.
- Carefully remove the bell peppers from the slow cooker using tongs.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Add the trivet.
- Add the prepared stuffed peppers.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 13 minutes. When done, natural release the pressure for 10 minutes then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open lid & turn off the pressure cooker.
- Add a slice of cheese on top of each bell pepper. Place the lid back on and let the pepper sit for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. If the cheese does not melt to your liking, turn the pressure cooker to the warm setting.
- Carefully remove the bell peppers from the Instant Pot using tongs.