- 2–3 lbs tri-tip
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 small onion, sliced or diced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
Optional step is to brown the meat prior to adding it to the slow cooker.
- Season meat with spices.
- Add onion, bell pepper, diced green chiles, garlic, and enchilada sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Add seasoned meat on top.
- Cook high 4-5, low 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Shred, and place back in until ready to serve.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add the tri-tip and sear a few minutes each side until browned. Remove from the pressure cooker.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and diced green chiles. Cook 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Pour in enchilada sauce. Deglaze the bottom by of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off off with a wooden spoon. Add in garlic and all the seasonings. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 25 minutes per pound of tri-tip. Natural release pressure.
- Remove meat from pressure cooker. Shred, and place back in until ready to serve.
Pressure cooker: cook 25 minutes per pound of tri-tip so if you’re using a 2 pound cut of meat, cook high pressure for 50 minutes.