- 3–4 lb. beef roast
- 2 tbsp homemade dry onion mix (see blog post)
- 2 tbsp homemade dry ranch mix (see blog post)
- 8–10 pepperoncini peppers
- 2–4 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp oil (for IP)
- 1–2 cups low-sodium beef broth (for IP)
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini pepper juice (optional)
Optional step – Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and then the beef roast. Sear the beef until browned on all sides.
- Place roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle homemade dry mixes on top. Add pepperoncini and ghee on top of dry mix. Pour pepperoncini juice on top if using.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 8-9.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Shred the meat and place back into the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. Once hot, add the oil and the beef. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until beef is browned. You may need to cut the roast and do this in batches to make the meat fit.
- Remove beef from the Instant Pot. Pour in beef broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the homemade ranch and onion mix. Add the beef. Add ghee and pepperoncini (and juice if using) on top of beef.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 60 minutes. Natural release for 15 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove beef from pressure cooker. Shred the meat and place back into the pressure cooker until ready to serve.