- 2 lbs osso buco shanks
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini (about 2 medium), zoodles
- 1 small onion, diced or 1 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (see blog post)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
Optional step: heat oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add seasoned beef to the skillet and sear the meat for a few minutes on each side. You might have to do this in batches.
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the meat and the zucchini zoodles to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Season osso buco generously with Italian seasoning. Nestle the osso buco shanks in the slow cooker.
- Cook high 4-5 hours, low 8-10.
- Add zoodles & cook an additional 15-30 minutes or until done to your liking.