- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 10–12 ounces frozen sweet potato fries
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground turkey. Drain off all excess fat and add the ground meat to the slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Add a layer of the frozen fries to the top of the meat mixture.
- Cook HIGH 2-4 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Transfer casserole to oven-safe dish and bake on the top rack for approx 10 minutes or until the fries are crisp to your liking.
Some slow cooker brands Crock-Pot have inserts that are oven-safe. Please check with your manufacturer.