- 2 pounds beef sirloin, sliced
- 6–8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (if the steak seasoning you use doesn’t already include it)
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth (for pressure cooker)
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker EXCEPT the provolone cheese. Stir to mix well.
- Cook high 2-3 hours, low 4-6.
- Stir to mix again and add provolone cheese slices in a thin layer across the top of the mixture.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add oil and beef to the pot. Cook 2-4 minutes or until beef is browned. Remove beef.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Pour in broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Add beef back to the pot along with the steak seasoning and ghee/butter. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure for 9 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Open lid & stir.
- Turn off pressure cooker. Add cheese slices in a thin layer across the top of the mixture. Place lid back on the pressure cooker and let sit 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. You can also leave the pressure cooker on the WARM setting with the lid off.