- 3 pounds boneless pork loin
- 28 ounces sauerkraut with in juice
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pound potatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil (for electric pressure cooker)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth (for electric pressure cooker)
- Add the pork (and potatoes if using) to the slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl, sauerkraut, onion, seasoning salt, Dijon, garlic, thyme, and pepper. Add the kraut mixture on top of the pork.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Once hot, add oil and pork and brown a few minutes on each side. Remove pork and set aside.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Turn off appliance.
- Pour in broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in seasonings salt, Dijon mustard, thyme, and pepper.
- Add pork. Add sauerkraut on top of pork. If using potatoes, add on top of the sauerkraut. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 25 minutes. When done, natural release pressure.