- 2–3 lbs country style ribs (bone in or boneless)
- 28 ounces sauerkraut (in juice)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb potatoes, diced (sweet potatoes or regular)
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt (see blog post)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
- 1 cup water (for IP)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 or LOW 8-10.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat oil. When hot, add pork and brown a few minutes on each side. Remove pork and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Pour in water and using a wooden spoon scrape well the bottom of the Instant Pot to remove any bits that stuck to it, make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking.
- Add pork and all remaining ingredients to the IP. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 35 minutes, quick release.