- 2 lbs ground meat of your choice or 1 lb ground meat and 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 lb sweet potatoes or potatoes, peeled & diced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces broth (beef broth if using ground beef, chicken broth if using ground chicken or turkey)
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or LOW 6-8.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Once hot, add oil.
- Add ground meat and cook until browned, 3-5 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks. You might need to do this in batches. Remove meat from pressure cooker and drain the grease if needed.
- Add bell pepper, garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir in ground meat and all remaining ingredients, close and seal vent.
- Select manual setting and set time for 20 minutes. Quick-release pressure when cook time is completed.