- 4–6 lb whole chicken
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water (for pressure cooker)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- If your chicken came with a bag of giblets inside the cavity, remove it.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. If you’re using oil, drizzle oil on the chicken. Sprinkle the homemade rotisserie seasonings evenly on both sides of the chicken.
- Proceed to slow cooker or electric pressure cooker steps.
- Add the seasoned chicken to slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and let it rest for an additional 10 minutes before slicing.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Place the trivet in pressure cooker. Add 1 cup water or broth.
- Place seasoned chicken on the trivet.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 6 minutes per pound of chicken. Natural release 15 minutes, quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from pressure cooker and let it rest for an additional 10 minutes before slicing.
Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees in the thickest part.