- 4 medium size turkey legs (approx 2–3 lbs total)
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee (optional)
- 1 cup water (for pressure cooker)
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl. Rub oil evenly over each turkey legs and rub mixture generously on each turkey leg.
- Add turkey legs to the bottom of the slow cooker. If using ghee, add evenly on top of each leg.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Pour water into the bottom of the pressure cooker. Add turkey legs on top.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 25 minutes (make sure internal temperature for the turkey is 165° Fahrenheit). Natural release 10 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
Optional but recommended step for both slow cooker & electric pressure cooker: Use tongs (the turkey legs will be hot) and remove them from the appliance. Place the turkey legs on a baking sheet and BROIL them in the oven for approximately 3-5 minutes to crisp the skin.
Nutritional value calculated using the ghee