- 2 pounds fresh seafood (combination of your preferred fish and shellfish)
- 1 tablespoon oil (for Instant Pot)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (optional)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups low-sodium broth or stock (or 1 cup plus 1 cup water)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- Add STEW ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Rinse seafood. Add seafood to the slow cooker and cook and additional 15-30 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if using.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté. Once hot add the oil, onion, celery, and bell pepper. Cook approximately 3-5 minutes or until vegetable are soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in remaining STEW ingredients.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20minutes. When cook time is done, quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid and stir the food. Turn on the Instant Pot to sauté. Once bubbling, stir in the rinsed seafood. Cook a few minutes until seafood is done.
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if using.