- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb ground pork
- 15 ounces cooked black-eyed peas
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
Optional but recommended step: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken & ground pork and cook 3-5 minutes, (crumbling the meat as it cooks) until no longer pink. Drain excess grease before adding the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
Electric Pressure Cooker
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select Sauté. Once hot add oil, ground chicken, ground pork, and diced onion to the pot. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling the ground meat as it cooks. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. You might need to do this in batches. Drain fat excess grease if needed.
- Stir in black-eyed peas, hot sauce, chili powder, salt, paprika, thyme, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder.
- Pour diced tomatoes & tomato sauce on top. Do not stir.
- Close lid and seal valve. Cook high pressure for 20 minutes. Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure. Stir before serving.
The chili will thicken as it cools