There are only 5 ingredients in this slow cooker or pressure cooker steak fajitas recipe. This easy yet delicious low-carb, paleo, and whole30 dish is perfect any day of the week.
Yesterday was National Margarita Day and I completely missed out. I will not miss out on Taco Tuesday! Fajitas count right? I’m all about simplicity these days so there are only 5 ingredients in this recipe and they are: beef, bell pepper, onion, salsa, and fajita seasoning.
BEEF – I used a 2 pound grass-fed, angus beef boneless chuck roast sliced up. You can use your preferred cut of beef whether it be roast, tri-tip, flank steak, chuck roast, beef stew meat, etc.
Seasoning – I won’t preach because I used to use a packet, but in general I heavily encourage you to ditch the store-bought seasoning packets. Below is my go-to homemade fajita seasoning. You probably have all these spices in your pantry already. This makes about 2 1/2 tbsp which is equivalent to 1 packet of store-bought. I make a big batch and keep a mason jar full of it in my cupboard.
Normally when I make this slow cooker steak fajitas recipe I only use 1 bell pepper. This time though, I wanted more veggies so I used two – a combo of red and green. I like to give this a good stir before putting the lid on so the salsa and seasonings are distributed evenly.
Set it and forget it. You can substitute chicken or pork instead of beef if you like. Heck I have even made these fajitas using a large turkey breast. The concept stays the same, just swap out the protein.
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas VIDEO:
For my whole30/paleo folks, if you choose to NOT make your own salsa and use store-bought instead, look for one that uses all-natural ingredients and definitely don’t use one with added sugar.
- 2 lbs beef, sliced
- 1–2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 15 ounces salsa or diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning (see blog post for homemade mix)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours, LOW 4-6.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the beef, onions, and bell pepper until beef is browned and vegetables softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set manual (high) pressure to 9 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Stir & serve.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.