Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries and more all-natural ingredients provide the sweet & tangy in this simple yet healthy slow cooker recipe.
The stars of this recipe are grass-fed beef and cranberries. As you can see, I seared the roast in extra-virgin olive oil before adding it to the slow cooker. Optional but recommended step.
The sauce is made on the stove-top but it’s quick.
Heat the cranberries until they’re soft enough that they ‘pop’ when you mash them with the back of a spoon. You’ll want to pop all the cranberries in the sauce to release more flavor.
Tangy and sweet. The tangy comes from Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries. The thing I love about Cape Cod Select is that you can find their cranberries year-round. This is not just a fall/winter recipe! The sweet comes from organic honey. If you follow a whole 30 lifestyle then you can use chopped dates in place of honey for a natural sweetener. Be careful not to use too many dates though as it will alter the taste a bit.
Since this uses a roast cut, you can keep this in roast form and serve it at your next family or holiday dinner. If you add some potatoes and vegetables to the slow cooker then you’ll have an one-pot meal.
- 3-4 lb grass-fed beef roast
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice (freshly squeezed preferred)
- ½ cup organic honey or 6-8 pitted dates, chopped
- ½ tsp ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over HIGH heat.
- Season roast with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Add roast to the heated skillet and sear a few minutes each side.
- Add sliced onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the roast on top.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries and the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until cranberries are soft. Using the back of the spoon, mash the cranberries into the sauce until they pop.
- Pour cranberry sauce mixture on top of roast.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 8-10.
This beef recipe is so versatile. The meat was so tender it literally fell apart when I touched it with the fork that I couldn’t help but shred it. In shredded form, the possibilities are endless. Like sliders! With the Superbowl right around the corner, this would be the perfect game day snack.
Click here to find a store that sells Cape Cod Select. Don’t fret if there isn’t a location near you, you can always order online.
For more about premium frozen cranberries, follow Cape Code Select on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter. A sample of Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries were provided for use in this recipe. The recipe and product opinions are 100% my own.