- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional but recommended step: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook 3-5 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks, until no longer pink. Drain excess grease before adding the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add ground turkey and all other ingredients to slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select Sauté. Once hot add oil, ground turkey, and diced onion to the pot. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling the turkey as it cooks. You might need to do this in batches. Drain fat excess grease.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure.