This caprese chicken recipe has all the usual caprese ingredients – tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Make this easy, low-carb casserole in your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
What Is Caprese Chicken?
Caprese chicken is based on caprese salad. Caprese salad is a simple Italian recipe made from tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil that’s usually drizzled with olive oil and sometimes vinegar. I make it fairly frequently because it’s easy to throw together yet really good. Add chicken and voilà you have caprese chicken.
Other casserole dishes you might enjoy:
Caprese is a simple recipe in general so I wanted to keep the sauce simple as well. It only includes a few ingredients – extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour it on top of the food and let your slow cooker or electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot) do the work.
Slow Cooker Caprese Chicken Casserole VIDEO:
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil (approximately 1 bunch)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, and basil to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce into the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hour or LOW 4-6.
- Add cheese and cook an additional 10-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, and fresh basil to the pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce into the pressure cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 8 minutes (make sure internal temperature for the chicken is 165° Fahrenheit). Quick release pressure.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook on WARM (or turn off and put the lid on) until cheese is melted.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/