This caprese chicken recipe has all the usual caprese ingredients – tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Make this easy, low-carb casserole in your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
What Is Caprese Chicken?
Caprese chicken is based on caprese salad. Caprese salad is a simple Italian recipe made from tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil that’s usually drizzled with olive oil and sometimes vinegar. I make it fairly frequently because it’s easy to throw together yet really good. Add chicken and voilà you have caprese chicken.
Other casserole dishes you might enjoy:
Caprese is a simple recipe in general so I wanted to keep the sauce simple as well. It only includes a few ingredients – extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour it on top of the food and let your slow cooker or electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot) do the work.
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil (approximately 1 bunch)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, and basil to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce into the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hour or LOW 4-6.
- Add cheese and cook an additional 10-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, and fresh basil to the pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce into the pressure cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 8 minutes (make sure internal temperature for the chicken is 165° Fahrenheit). Quick release pressure.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook on WARM (or turn off and put the lid on) until cheese is melted.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/