- 2–3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup water (for pressure cooker)
- Handful fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1–2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add chicken wings to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of chicken wings.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- See broil steps below. After broiling, pour remaining sauce on top of the wings and serve.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Pour water into the pressure cooker. Add trivet.
- Season wings with salt & pepper (optional). Pile the wings on top of the trivet.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 5 minutes. When done, quick release remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove wings from pressure cooker with tongs. In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.Toss with half the sauce & then continue on to the broil steps below. After broiling, pour remaining sauce on top of wings.
- If you’re not going to broil your wings, you can toss the wings with all of the sauce and serve.
BROIL (optional but recommended): when done cooking, remove wings from the appliance and lay them on a large baking sheet. Place the baking sheet under your oven’s broiler for 2-5 minutes or until wings are crisp to your liking.