- 3–4 pounds chuck roast
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pour broth into the slow cooker. Season roast evenly with cumin, salt, coriander, paprika, pepper, and chili powder. Add roast to the slow cooker.
- Top roast with diced tomatoes with green chilies and salsa verde.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 8-10.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn the pressure cooker to saute. Once hot, add the oil and beef. Brown beef on all sides, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Remove roast from the pressure cooker.
- Add beef broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Add all the cumin, salt, coriander, paprika, pepper, and chili powder. Stir to mix well.
- Add roast back to the pot. Top with diced tomatoes with green chiles and salsa verde.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 25 minutes per pounds of meat. When done, natural release pressure 10 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
How many servings this yields will depend on the size roast you use.
Nutritional facts calculated for serving 6 servings.