- Up to 3 pounds of chicken (your preferred cut)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice of 3 limes (approximately 6 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Add chicken to a large bowl or plastic bag.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover & marinate minimum 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
When ready to cook:
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade & discard marinade.
- If using aluminum foil, place foil down in the air fryer. Add chicken on top. If using cut up pieces, add them in a single layer, not stacked. You might have to cook your chicken do this in batches.
- Cook approximately 25 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees. See note in blog post about cooking the chicken.