- 3–4 lb chuck roast
- 4 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 pound potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp oil (optional)
Optional step: add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast and sear a few minutes each side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, balsamic vinegar & mustard until well blended.
- Season roast lightly with salt and pepper and to the slow cooker with the potatoes, onion, and carrots.
- Pour broth mixture on top of all ingredients.
- Cook high 4-5, low 8-10 hours.
- Category: Entree