- 5 bratwursts, uncooked
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 24 ounces beer
- 1 /2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp oil or butter (for pressure cooker)
- Add onion to the slow cooker. Add bratwursts on top.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour beer on top.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Remove brats from the slow cooker. Either place on a baking sheet & heat under the broiler for 3-5 minutes OR grill over medium-high heat.
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add buttter/oil and the brats. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until browned to your liking.
- Remove brats. Add onions and cook 3-5 minutes or until soft. Turn off pressure cooker.
- Pour in beer and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Stir in garlic powder, salt & pepper. Add bratwursts.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure for 6 minutes. When done, quick release the pressure.