- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 lb sausage (uncased)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
Optional step is to brown the ground meat & sausage in a skillet over medium heat & drain the fat before adding the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add sausage, beef, onion, and garlic and cook until browned, 3-5 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks. You might need to do this in batches. Drain fat and remove from Instant Pot if needed.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure.
Nutritional facts calculated using lean ground beef and pork sausage