- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 pound sausage (uncased)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- (2) 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
Optional but recommended step: Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the ground meat & ground sausage and cook until no longer pink. Crumble the meat as it cooks. Drain grease before adding the browned meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Turn on the IP and select sauté. Once hot add oil, ground meat, sausage, and onion to the pot. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks. You might need to do this in batches. Add garlic & cook an additional minute. Drain fat excess fat if needed.
- Hit cancel and stir in the kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Pour diced tomatoes & diced tomatoes with green chilies on top. Do not stir.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. When done cooking, quick release pressure.
- Stir & serve.
Nutritional facts calculated using lean ground beef and pork sausage.
If you like your chili with more liquid, add 1/2 to 1 cup of low-sodium beef broth .