- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 lb sausage (uncased)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
Optional but recommended step is to brown the ground meat & sausage in a skillet over medium heat & drain the fat before adding the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil, ground meat, sausage, and onion to the pot. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks. You might need to do this in batches. Drain fat excess fat if needed.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure.
Nutritional facts calculated using lean ground beef and pork sausage