- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 lb sausage (uncased)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
Optional but recommended step is to brown the ground meat & sausage in a skillet over medium heat & drain the fat before adding the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil, ground meat, sausage, and onion to the pot. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks. You might need to do this in batches. Add garlic & cook an additional minute. Drain fat excess fat if needed.
- Stir in kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Pour crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce on top. Do not stir.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Stir & serve.
Nutritional facts calculated using lean ground beef and pork sausage